Wednesday, February 17, 2010

THE 1ST ANNUAL BLOODY AWARDS!!!

Okay folks, here is the big news you've all been waiting for - the official announcement of the 2010 BLOODY AWARDS! That's right, it's the first year of a great new awards program, here to honor all of your favorite horror delights!

What's that you say? Are you asking why would we want another horror award? We already have the Bram Stoker Award - isn't that enough? Well, the answer to that is a resounding "NO"! Not only are there never too many horror awards (or horror anything for that matter), but let's be honest - the Bram Stoker Awards kind of suck. They pretty much pick four okay books (I'm probably being generous here), and Steven King ends up winning. I don't think they've even announced the nominees yet, but I guarantee already that Under The Dome will win. And don't get me wrong, I like Steven King as much as the next guy (well, maybe not quite as much as the next guy, but he's pretty good), but there are other horror writers out there! I know, I know, I'm getting crazy now, but I think it might be a little bit true. And dare I say it, there might even be a better horror writer out there than Mr. King - or at least one book a year might be better than one of his! And one other thing that I just want to say - quiet or subtle horror or whatever the hell you want to call it stinks! I want real horror, with lots of blood and guts, and throw in some titties and torture and all that good stuff! I'm not looking for magnificent fucking literature here, but just some people getting killed, and the more brutal, the better!

So there you have. These are my reasons for why another horror award program is needed. Make that a better horror award program. My promise to you is that any book worthy enough to win a Bloody will be just that - bloody! And there will be no doubt that it is indeed a horror book, all the way!

So we here at Blood Headquarters have come up with the Bloody Awards, which will feature four bloody categories:

1. Best Novel
2. Best Monster Novel
3. Forgotten Horror Classic
4. Hall of Blood Induction

Intrigued? What do some of these categories entail, are you asking yourself? When the hell are these damn Bloody Awards? All these questions and more will be answered in the coming weeks, so stay tuned to this fine website! And if anyone has any suggestions or thoughts, please feel free to let us know - we are all ears!!!

Okay, have fun everybody, and be good to each other!

No comments:

Post a Comment