Sunday, February 26, 2012

FINALLY....THE BLOODY AWARDS ARE HERE!!!

Okay, folks - after years of promising, and then revoking, and then promising again, and actually having them, but not truly following through with them, to talking about them again, and talking about what would have happened if they did take place...the Blood Awards are going to happen this year! And this time I mean it! I know, we've all heard this one before, but this time will be different. And if they don't happen this year, I will never mention them again! You have Bloodman's word on it!

I thought tonight would be the perfect night to announce the coming of the Bloodies, since it is the night of all awards shows - the Oscars! Now I know most of the movies nominated for Oscars usually pretty much suck, but it's still a big night in the entertainment world. So it seemed fitting to make our announcement at this time.

For those of you that are not aware of our previous announcements, you may be asking what exactly the Bloodies are? Well, I'll tell you. The Bloody Awards will be the ultimate horror fiction award ceremony (well, I don't about the ceremony, but they'll be a big deal), picking the best horror books of the year. Obviously, there are other horror awards given out each year, most notably the Bram Stoker Awards, but much like the Oscars, a lot of these books stink. Now I mean no disrespect to any writers who have won these awards in the past. In fact, sometimes the books themselves are fine pieces of work. Although they seem to rarely be real horror. And before anyone says "who do you think you are to say what real horror is? What's real horror, anyway?" I will answer that question now. I'm Bloodman, and real horror is blood and guts and a high body count and preferably lots of sex and naked ladies! That's what fucking horror is. And if your book doesn't have that stuff (at least some of it), it won't be winning a Bloody Award.

So for now, I will leave you with that. Think about any books that are deserving of a Bloody Award for Best Horror Book of the Year. And remember, these are the 2012 Bloodies, so any book for consideration must have been published sometime in 2011. Aside from that, there really are no other rules. The book must be of reasonable length (no short stories), but a short novel is fine. In fact, smaller books are often the best in my humble opinion. I have many thoughts as to what books are possible nominees, but I want to get as many opinions as possible, so don't hold back! We will announce the initial list soon before narrowing it down to the final, official books up for the award of Best Horror Book of the Year. So get reading and start thinking - and vote for what you think should win the very first Bloody Award!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment