Sunday, July 19, 2009

THE DEVOURING by Douglas D. Hawk


If you're looking for a fun, Creature Feature book, I would highly recommend this one! Published by Leisure Books in the early nineties (thier horror line was going by BMI books during this time (what would we do without Leisure Books?!?)). It's quite action-packed, there are bat-thing creatures running around violently attacking and killing people, and to top it all of, the book is well written! I picked this one up at a used book store years ago, thinking the description sounded good, but not really expecting too much. Having never heard of Douglas D. Hawk before, I figured it would not be too memorable. But I was pleasantly surprised! The book was a lot of fun, and I started scanning the internet to see what else Mr. Hawk has produced. Unfortunately, he does not appear to have written too much else, but such is life. Maybe he will make a comeback someday! In the meantime, we have The Devouring to entertain us.

This book is no longer in print, but it should be pretty easily purchased at not too high a price from Amazon, and I'm sure many other places as well. Check it out!

I give this one 4 (out of 5) Headless Corpses!

No comments:

Post a Comment